Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

review: Clinique Chubby Stick





Hey there beauties!


I am a little late to jump on the bandwagon of the Clinique Chubby Sticks but I finally decided to buy one partially for the product and partially because of the fun advertisements (kudos to Clinique for drawing me to their product with bright summer colors!). I wanted a nice bright shade that could be worn all year round and still look natural, so I opted for the color 04 Mega Melon, a beautiful peach summery shade.
I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love how it moisturizes and gives off a subtle color. The color can be added very light and 'clear' to the lips to give off just a slight color, or  you can add multiple layers and it becomes quite an intense, almost lipstick like color. It is very moisturizing but tends to sit in between the cracks of my dry lips, therefore in the winter time I will have to use some sort of extra lip balm. (I love regular lip balm and always carry it around). The color of this specific Chubby Stick is great for spring, summer, and autumn and gives off a natural finish. It adds a nice sheen of gloss but not too overpowering or sticky which is great because I absolutely hate sticky glosses or balms. The lasting power isn't that long, as it is a balm and tends to wear off quickly. I didn't find that my lips were that moisturized after the color was gone but while it was on my lips, it was moisturized.






Now, on to the things I don't personally like. First, the smell. To me, it smells like a crayon and I do not like the smell of crayons, let alone apply that smell to my lips. Its more strong when you smell it from the tube itself than once its on your lips, but its still there faintly. I am sure of it. :-P. Also, it is very hard to get a good precision with this product. It will easily go outside of your natural lip line because the stick is so big, so you will need to add the extra step of using a lip liner. Other than that, I think Clinique has come out with a great and fun product that is good for on the go, but I don't think I will repurchase or buy another color. There are so many more colored lip balms on the market to try!

Pros:
- Color payoff (buildable)
- Packaging
- moisturizing
- good for on the go

Cons:
- smell
- slightly expensive ($16)


Overall:  4/5


Got any other products that you would like me to review? Please let me know in the comments!

Hope you enjoyed!


xoxo,

Dahlia

No comments:

Post a Comment